Direct Entry Pilot – A320
You set the highest standards
YOU BELONG UP HERE
Customers are at the heart of everything we do at British Airways. Our commitment to them is integral to our promise: To Fly. To Serve.
For British Airways Pilots, the customer always comes first. Your goal will be to provide the very best flight experience possible. Wherever you are going, your flying will be world class. The life of a commercial pilot is both challenging and exciting. Never more so than at British Airways. Joining one of the most progressive international airlines in the industry, you’ll be challenged every day to perform to the highest standards. In everything you do, you will be integral to delivering our reputation for unrivalled customer service.
We offer a greater choice of fleet types and routes, both long and shorthaul, than any other UK airline. You can fly the world’s most modern fleet including the new Boeing 787 and Airbus A380. Far beyond the flight deck, you’ll be respected for the difference you make. You can be proud to lead a superb customer-centric operation. With you on board, we’ll achieve our vision to become the ‘most admired airline’.
You belong up here with us. That’s why we’ll provide you with world-class training, invaluable experience and the rewards and career progression you would expect from a global premium airline.
Requirements for all pilots:
- A current UK issued Frozen EASA ATPL(A), Full EASA ATPL(A) or MPL Flight Crew Licence with Class 1 medical or the ability to convert your licence to a UK issued Frozen or Full EASA ATPL(A) before joining
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
To be considered for our current vacancies you will need:
- To hold a current A320 type rating with a minimum of 500 flying hours on type (not including simulator time)
- Successful candidates will be entered into our hold pool from which an offer onto the A320 British Airways fleet based at Heathrow or Gatwick may be made
You as a person:
- You will need a first class flying record and a good level of physical fitness, and will be able to satisfy British Airways’ medical requirements
- Your height will be between1.57m (5’2″) and 1.91m (6’3″) with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft
- You will be passionate about a career as a pilot with British Airways. While there are opportunities to move fleets with British Airways, initial fleet postings normally last a minimum of five years. You will already be comfortable with taking control of your own learning and professional development, and both willing and able to self-study, read widely, and continue to develop as a safety conscious professional pilot for the duration of your flying career
- You will be comfortable flying a busy schedule, with BA flights operating 365 days a year
- You will be comfortable working with colleagues and customers from all cultures and nationalities, and able to identify, and work, with cultural differences
- Finally, you will have a genuine enthusiasm for our customers, and finding ways to exceed their expectations when they fly with us. You will be able to put our customers’ needs at the heart of your decision making, and will be comfortable dealing with our customers face to face both when things are going to plan and also when they’re not
Please note if you have made a previous application the following applies, you cannot reapply within:
- 6 months if you were unsuccessful at initial application
- 12 months if you were unsuccessful at any stage of assessment. You can reapply 12 months from the date you attended testing
You will need to be available on the following dates to attend assessment:
First stage assessment will take place at Waterside on the 28th July & 3rd August
Second stage assessment will take place at Waterside on 18th & 19th August 2016
Closing Date: 27th July 2016
We may close the application window sooner than the published date