AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
Irrespective of their background, civilian or military, all of our people share a common commitment to delivering service excellence to the RAF. For our part, AirTanker is equally committed to its people, supporting them in their personal and professional development.
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker Hub. We have an annual diary of organised events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown.
AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you ever make.
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Controller.
Primary Job Purpose
Manage and co-ordinate all matters relating to the A330 flying programme within a 48 hour window, ensuring that all components of the operation comply with relevant legislation.
- Provide Fleet wide Flight Planning Support including ETOPS operations.
- Monitoring of the Daily Aircraft Flying Programme.
- Ensuring the electronic briefing data is available and up to date for all crews operating (including met, international brief (if applicable) and flight plans).
- Ensuring the Crew Scheduling Section is advised of any delays
- Liaising effectively with all external and Authority agencies for all operations related matters.
- Ensuring the operations log is accurately maintained recording all significant events or programme changes.
- Managing and co-ordinating all matters relating to the Voyager flying programme within the current operating window, ensuring that all components of the operation comply with relevant legislation.
- Liaising with RAF Brize Norton agencies to ensure all flight watch data and other relevant information is passed.
- Supervising of the Operation Assistants as required.
- Liaising with Main Control regards to any engineering aspects affecting a sortie (in particular any engineering aspects affecting the departing or arriving aircraft).
- Providing information/assistance to any Duty Operations personnel in relation to the Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft (FSTA) deployed operations.
- Ensuring that any errors are captured in the error log reporting tool.
- Ensuring that all data promulgated around the Operations Control centre is updated with the latest information.
- Being personally responsible for engaging in all facets of the role in line with the requirements of the AirTanker Services Safety Management System, Quality and Environmental Management Systems to provide a safe and efficient outcome to all that you do.This includes maintaining awareness of the company safety and quality policies and the hazard analyses applicable to your tasking.
About the person
- Previous experience as an Operations Assistant/Controller in a civilian airline or military operations room environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external agencies.
- Proven leadership skills with good analytical skills
- Sound working knowledge of flight planning software and other associated operations room applications.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously when required, to be reliable and have a proactive approach to working
- Proven ability to maintain accurate records in a complex environment.
- Be proficient in the English language (written, verbal & reading). ICAO Level 4.
- Ability to solve problems in a complex environment
- Jeppesen software experience
Please note this is a shift role.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please be advised that 1st stage interviews for this position are likely to take place w/c 1st August 2016.
How to apply
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24th July 2016. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org