Join TUI, the Leisure Airline of Choice, as a First/Second Officer and you’ll provide a safe and enjoyable in flight experience for all our customers. It’s an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customers’ expectations are not only met, but exceeded. We see the journey as part of our customer’s holiday; we expect our Pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our cabin service is the envy of our competitors.
This role is full time during the summer (May-October) and part time (50%) during the winter (November-April).
How You Will Make An Impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You’ll operate as a First/Second Officer (depending on experience) on either the B737 or the B737/787
- A proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario and excellent customer service skills
- You’ll have a genuine passion for aviation with a clear understanding of the TUI strategy and values (Trusted, Unique, Inspiring)
- You’ll demonstrate a desire to deliver a great experience for our customers on every flight and ensure everyone sees us as the Best-Loved Holiday Company
What You Will Bring
As this is a specialist/technical role – Here are some of the requirements:
- EASA ATPL/CPL with ATPL theory credits with current IR. If your licence is issued by a non-UK state, be willing and able to transfer to a UK issued EASA licence prior to joining TUI (at your own cost)
- A current EASA Class 1 medical. If your medical records are not held by the UK CAA, be willing and able to transfer your medical records to the UK CAA to permit the issue to a UK issued EASA licence (at your own cost)
- Have a minimum of 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors on a multi-pilot turbo-jet or multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a maximum certificated take-off mass of not less than 10 tonnes or a certificated passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers.
- Have completed an MCC course (as per FCL.735.A)
- Hold a valid 10 year UK or EU passport that permits worldwide travel freely to the destinations we fly to
- Eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK without additional approvals
- Travelling time from place of residence to home base must not exceed 60 minutes in the UK
- At least 1.58m tall and able to swim 25 meters
TUI and You
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Pension scheme with current employer contributions of 10%
- Private medical insurance
- Option to buy discounted TUI Shares
- Generous holiday discounts
- Excellent foreign exchange rates
- You’ll initially be frozen on type for 36 months, after which you can bid for other aircraft types
- This is a permanent part year part time position based in the UK. This means full time working during the summer (May-October) and part time in the winter. Positions are available on our B737 fleet.
- Positions at regional bases will be B737 only and positions at B787 bases (Birmingham, Gatwick and Manchester) will be dual B737/787
- Your fleet will be determined by business and operational requirements, should you be successful, this will be discussed at the point we make an offer of employment
- As it will be necessary for you to complete a full Type Rating course, a contribution towards the cost of your training will be deducted from your salary. This will equate to £7,000 per annum for the first 3 years of employment and will be deducted from your salary in 36 equal monthly instalments.
If your application is progressed, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment centre at our TUI Training Centre in East Midlands (England, UK). Should you meet our requirements, you will be invited to complete a simulator assessment. If successful, you’ll be placed in our Pilot Talent Pool until a position becomes available. To be open and transparent, you may remain in our Pilot Talent Pool for a number of months.
Our Pilot requirements continuously change throughout the year and whilst we endeavour to make a formal offer of employment to all Talent Pool candidates; we want to let you know that in some instances, this may not always be possible due to changes in our recruitment requirements. If you’re placed in the Talent Pool, your application will be kept on-hold for a maximum of 12 months. Should you be offered a position and then decline, there is no guarantee of an alternative position being offered. If you have any queries, please email: TUI.Pilot.Recruitment@tui.co.uk
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com