|Purpose of the position:
The Flight Crew Training Manager will report to the Managing Director & Accountable Manager of the Company, and the role’s responsibility will be to manage all aspects of Crew Training of Wizz Air UK. The Manager Crew Training is the nominated person accepted by the UK CAA.
- Establish, maintain, revise and distribute OM Part D;
- Implement the policy, standards and procedures of the Wizz Air OM D into all training, examination and checking, in contact with the Accountable Manager;
- Ensure the safe and efficient conduct of all Wizz Air pilot training, in accordance with the regulations of PART-OPS /PART-FCL and UK law;
- Ensure that the operations remain in compliance with the applicable requirements;
- Enable safe conduct of all flights;
- Monitor validities of trainings;
- Ascertain that all instructors are suitably qualified to conduct training.
- Set the training policy in coordination with the Head of Flight Operations/Chief Pilot;
- Implement legal requirements into OM Part D;
- Set up training and checking program in close cooperation with peer function at other AOCs of Wizz Air
- Define norms and standards for training and (re-) qualification of crews, instructors and examiner;
- Obtain approval for training programs, examinations and Proficiency Checks from the Authority;
- Check Type Rating Instructors to the standards mentioned in OM Part D;
- Train, examine and check current and future Commanders, First Officers and licensed pilots without applicable Type Rating to the standards mentioned in OM Part D;
- Plan and publish sufficient amounts of initial and recurrent training in a timely manner;
- Ensure the availability of a sufficient number of properly qualified instructors and examiners;
- Ensure the availability of sufficient training aids, facilities and contracted courses;
- Organize and have executed the planned recurrent training and checking programs;
- Organize and have executed the planned amount of initial training in coordination with the Head of Flight Operations /Chief Pilot;
- Coordinate flight safety and operational training items with the CP/HFO, the TRIs, TREe and LTCs
- Have sufficient TRIs nominated as Type Rating Examiner by the Authority;
- Incorporate operational line and training experience into training- and checking programs;
- Provide oversight of any Third Party Training organizations.
- The Crew Training Manager will coordinate directly with the following staff:
- Standardization Instructors, Type Rating Instructors, Type Rating Examiners, Line Training Captains
- Functional peers of other AOC of Wizz Air
- Finalized University degree
- Minimum of three years as being an active Type Rating Examiner;
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Applicable EU safety regulations and associated requirements
- The AOC holders operations specification
- Familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation;
- Five years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry.
- Appropriate management experience, preferably in a comparable organization;
- The Flight Crew Training Manager should be a current type rating instructor/examiner on a type/class operated under the AOC.
- Strong presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a multi-cultural, international organization
- Native, or similar standard, of spoken and written English
- Ability to live and work in the European Union;
- Flexibility to travel as required away from Head Office
If you would like to join the dynamic team of Wizz Air, please apply here and attach your English CV.