TUI Non Type Rated Pilot
Join TUI as a Pilot and you will provide a safe and enjoyable in flight experience for all our customers. It’s an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customer expectations are not only met, but exceeded. We see the journey as part of our customer’s holiday, we expect our pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our cabin service is the envy of our competitors.
TUI is part of TUI Group, the world’s leading leisure travel group. Right now, we are building an international customer facing team that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer from all of our European countries. Joining us will not only provide you with opportunities for you to grow your career, but you will also get the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural and united team.
What you will be doing
You will be operating as a Pilot on either the B737, B757/767 or B787 and you will initially be frozen on type for a period of 3 years, after which you will be permitted to bid onto one of our other aircraft types if you wish.
You’ll enjoy working with people, be a skilled communicator, have excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario, taking into account all the circumstances and the needs of everyone involved. We would also expect you to have a clear understanding of the TUI values and strategy. With a genuine passion for aviation, you’ll demonstrate a desire to achieve a flying career, and whilst it is mentally and physically demanding, it is also extremely rewarding.
What we are looking for
• EASA ATPL / CPL with ATPL theory credits with IR – If licence is issued by a non-UK state, be willing and able to transfer to a UK issued EASA licence prior to joining TUI, at your own cost
• A current EASA Class 1 medical ; If your medical records are not held by the UK CAA, you must be willing and able to transfer medical records to UK to permit the issue of a UK issued EASA licence at your own cost
• A minimum of 1500 hours or 250 sectors on a multi-pilot turbo-jet transport category aeroplane or a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a MTOM of not less than 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers
• Hold a valid 10 year UK or EU passport that permits worldwide travel freely to the destinations we fly to – minimum 6 months validity
• Eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK & Ireland without additional approvals
• Level 4 English with the ability to upgrade to Level 6
• Travelling time from place of residence to home base must not exceed 90 minutes in the UK
• Able to work on a flying program which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year
• At least 1.58m tall
• Able to swim 25 meters
Working within TUI group
TUI is the UK’s third largest airline with 62 aircraft operating to over 80 destinations worldwide. TUI was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner and has recently embarked on an ambitious five year plan to become the world’s best holiday airline.
Help to make our customers smile and in return you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, the option to join a contributory pension scheme with current employer contributions of 10%, Life Assurance cover, and you will receive Private Health Insurance.
There are childcare vouchers, shopping discounts, holiday offers and great rates on late notice flights, accommodation & cruises.
This position is a Full Time contract. The 757 and 787 vacancies provide an exciting opportunity to be based permanently in the UK during the summer, combined with a permanent Nordic posting during the winter, operating for TUI. The UK base will be the main base for the summer operation and the Nordic base will be the main base for the winter, for a period of less than 6 months. Our Nordic bases are likely to be Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen. There will be a financial support package in place for the Nordic base and an apartment will be provided for the duration. We reserve the right to invoke the Nordic posting or not, depending on operational requirements, this will apply to 757 and 787 postings only, not 737.
For the first 3 years a payment of £7,000 is deducted from monthly salary prior to tax / NI deductions for training costs.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the link below where you will be required to provide personal details, complete an online application form and upload your CV.
Application screening will take place week commencing 9th April 2018, should you be successful, assessment centres will be between the 23rd and 25th April 2018 at our TUI Training Centre in East Midlands (England, UK).
Our assessment centres will be a full day and will consist of a number of group and individual activities.
Should you be successful after an assessment centre, you will be invited to complete the next stage of the selection process which will involve a SIM test. SIM test’s will take place on the 4th, 5th & 6th May in Gatwick, these dates are subject to availability.
Please note, we have a limited number of spaces at our April assessment centres so successful applicants that we are unable to invite in April will be placed in to a holding pool until further dates are available.
Applications Open: Friday 23rd March 2018
Applications Close: 08:00 On Friday 6th April 2018