Theoretical Knowledge Instructor
Location: Training Centers – Coventry and Southampton, UK and Ponte de Sôr, Portugal
As a result of L3 Commercial Training Solutions continued worldwide growth we are looking for experienced Theoretical Knowledge Instructors to join our ATPL Ground School team.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
• To teach a range of EASA ATPL technical subjects
• To prepare and update EASA ATPL course materials as required
• To assess and act as an internal moderator in appropriate subject areas
• To prepare, invigilate and moderate appropriate EASA ATPL Theoretical Knowledge exams
• To monitor and report on trainee progress
• To provide guidance and support to individual trainees
• To maintain accurate course records
Essential skills and experience:
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with trainees
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and carry out assignments to completion
• International outlook with the ability to deal comfortably with various cultures
• Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational and customer service skills
• Capacity to deal with people in a polite and friendly manner
Subjects delivered under the EASA ATPL syllabus:
• Air Law
• Aircraft general knowledge (Power plants, systems, electrics)
• Aircraft general knowledge (Instruments and automatic systems)
• Aircraft performance
• Principles of flight
• Flight planning
• General navigation
• Radio navigation
• Operational procedures
• Mass and balance
• Human performance and limitations
You will, in time, be expected to deliver no less than three of the above subjects in agreement with the Training Manager.
Qualification and educational requirements:
• Instructional experience, ideally in the ATPL syllabus, or in the aviation industry
• Aviation experience, ideally as a commercial or military Pilot, Air Traffic Control or Ground Operations, Aeronautical Engineer or Meteorologist
• Minimum ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
These roles will be based at either our Training Centers in Coventry and Southampton, UK and Ponte de Sôr, Portugal.
This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.