Rated/Non-rated Direct Entry Commander – BAe ATP
The West Atlantic group is Europe’s most trusted provider of safe, efficient and environmentally sound, cargo aircraft solutions to the European Express and Mail industry.
We are a fast growing, all cargo airline Group with Head Office in Göteborg, Sweden and business centres in both the UK and Luxembourg.
Comprised of our two established airlines of West Air Sweden and Atlantic Airlines including two fully capable, in-house Part 145 Maintenance providers and a Training Organisation, together our Group employs over 450 dedicated professionals.
Currently our fleet numbers exceed 50 aircraft and we perform over 25,000 flights in an network exceeding 45 scheduled destinations supported by four Base Maintenance facilities located at Malmö, Oslo, Coventry, Isle of Man and a setup of six remotely located Line Stations.
Consisting mostly of BAe ATP, the operated fleet also includes CRJ-200, B737 and B767.
Customer activity is divided approximately 50% by serving the Integrated Express parcel carries such as DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx, ChronoPost and 50% in the service of National Mail organisations such as Posten Norway, Chronopost and Royal Mail.
To support our expanding activity we welcome applications from high quality professionals who share a passion for excellence and are willing to go the extra mile to provide the highest levels of service delivery to our customers.
JOB TITLE: Rated/Non-rated Direct Entry Commander – BAe ATP
Position Type: Permanent – Full time
Work Pattern: EASA FTL and Collective work agreement
Department: Flight Operations
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Responsible to: NP FO
Additional: According to CWA. Type rating bond available for non-rated applicants.
The Commander will be responsible for the safe operation of the ATP. The Commander will also be responsible for operation of the aircraft in accordance with the demands of the business and ensuring all policies, procedures and legislation are adhered to.
- Full responsibility for the safety of all crew members, passengers and cargo on board, as soon as the Commander arrives on board the aircraft, until the Commander leaves the aircraft at the end of the flight.
- Be responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft from the moment the aeroplane is first ready to move for the purpose of taxiing prior to take-off, until the moment it finally comes to rest at the end of the flight and the engine(s) used as primary propulsion unit(s) is(are) shut down.
- Have authority to give all commands and take any appropriate actions for the purpose of securing the safety of the aircraft and of persons and/or property carried therein.
- Be responsible, in all emergency and non-normal situations, for ensuring that all procedures are carried out, reports and notifications made and records kept at all times.
- The Commander shall ensure that all Pre Flight, In Flight and Post Flight paperwork is fully and correctly completed.
- Comply with all Commander Duties and Responsibilities described in OM-A.
- ICAO Level 5 English fluent.
- High School level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to Lead, Prioritize and Delegate accordingly.
- Earlier airline experience is a merit.
Required Flight time:
- Valid Air Transport Pilot Licenses – ATPL.
- Flying hours: total of 2500 hours, of which a minimum of 500 hours on multi-engine turbine MCC JAR FAR 25 aeroplanes.
- A minimum 250 hours Commander time in commercial air transport.
Required Personal Attributes:
- High professional standards.
- Customer Focused.
- Flexible approach.
- Right to live and work in the EU and UK.
Selection and Assessment:
After the initial screening and selection have been made, in accordance with the selection process, the candidates will be called for an assessment and interview.
If you have questions about the vacancy, please contact Director Flight Operations/NP FO Sam Kuula, email@example.com
Please apply via our website: www.westatlantic.eu
The application shall include a CV and a personal letter. Due date for your application is 2018-02-23.
Note: Applications are evaluated as they arrive. The closure of this advertisement could be earlier than posted above, if the demand reached before that date.