The post holder must be an experienced helicopter pilot utilizing an Airbus H145 Helicopter for the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service (RCIPS), in order to provide airborne response in the performance of law enforcement, HEMS, rapid transportation and other police operations. The post holder will perform a comprehensive range of assignments in a full functioning capacity, available for duty 24 hours a day, under the direction of the Unit Commanding Officer.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate must possess:
- 1. Current Commercial Pilot License to operate Airbus EC/H145 Helicopter, with medical certificate (class 1 or equivalent);
- 2. Minimum of 3000 hours helicopter flight time, of which 1500 hours should have been pilot in command, with a minimum of 200 hours night flying experience;
- 3. Minimum of 1000 hours of multi engine turbine flying;
- 4. EC/H145 type rating with minimum 50 hours experience;
- 5. Experience in flying over water during day and night missions;
- 6. Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English);
- 7. Excellent administrative skills in maintaining and organising records, log books and other documentation relating to police flight operations and missions;
- 8. Previous experience in a Police, HEMS, SAR or Military role, with overwater operations experience;
- 9. Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) 20 hours experience minimum.
Note: Applicants will be subjected to rigorous background checks and will be required to complete a written assessment prior to being interviewed.
Preference will be given to suitable Caymanians
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909, CAYMAN ISLANDS KY1-1103.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31st January 2020