Direct Entry Non-Type Rated Captains
Ryanair are delighted to announce that we are actively recruiting for B737 Non-Type Rated Captains to join Europe’s Largest Airline Group at one of our bases throughout UK & Europe.
What We Require From You!
● Unrestricted right to live and work in the EU and/or UK – Visa Sponsorship available for UK bases
● Date of Birth – (Not over 65)
● Licence Type – EASA Part FCL (UK licences valid for application only) or National Licence compliant with ICAO standards. Please note not all ICAO licences can be accepted.
Note: ICAO licences will require IAA validation.
● Validity of Medical: EASA Licence – Must hold a valid EU (Part-MED) issued Class 1 medical or UK CAA Class 1 medical certificate.
NOTE: ICAO validation – Must hold medical certificate from state of licence issue (will
need to complete an EASA medical prior to issue of the validation).
● Minimum 3,500 hours total flying time
● Minimum of 2,000 hours on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine Jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg MTOW with an established airline, cargo operator or Military transport.
● Minimum of 800 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) on a Multi-crew, Multi-engine jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg. (No PIC hours on Turboprop aircraft shall be considered).
● For EASA/JAA licence holders the application must be made within 36 months of the most recent relevant Type Rating “Valid Until” date specified in Section XII “Certificate of Revalidation”. i.e. the Rating must not have expired for longer than 3 years at the intended course commencement date.
● Must have operated on Multi-crew, Multi-engine jet aircraft weighing in excess of 30,000kg within the 36 months prior to the course start date.
● English Language Proficiency – minimum required proficiency Level is Operational Level (Level4). (Written proficiency is required at Operational level). (Reference: ICAO Doc 9835).
Assessment and Selection
Should you be shortlisted we will invite you to complete an online assessment as the first step in the process.
This is due to changes in EASA regulations which requires all new pilots to undertake a ‘Work Related Behavioural’ assessment prior to commencing the training under EASA regulation CAT.GEN.MPA.175.
This is completed in two phases;
Phase 1 consists of an online assessment conducted using AON (€60 fee applies).
Phase 2 is a comprehensive psychological assessment, which forms part of the overall Simulator assessment / interview.
During Phase 1, captains are required to complete a total of 1 task.
Only candidates who successfully complete and meet the minimum standards during Phase 1 will be progressed forward to Phase 2 which includes the Simulator Assessment and Interview.
Before you apply
Please ensure to apply for a position in which you meet the minimum requirements stated. Your application may be delayed if you have not completed this in full and uploaded all required documents.
Please Note: If you have already applied via our website but have not yet been contacted, please continue to update your ONE EXISTING profile/account. DO NOT create another account.
Remember: Your login details when you create your online application. You will need your username (i.e the email address you entered on your application) and password to access and update your application in the future.
All contact will be made through our application system and in some instances emails may be directed to the candidates spam/ junk mail.
To apply for this job please visit pilotjobs.ryanair.com.