FIRST OFFICER PLACEMENT PROGRAMME
Kura is proud to partner once again with BA Cityflyer to launch an exclusive opportunity that reflects the strong belief and value that both companies place on the skills and qualities that modular trained pilots bring to the industry.
The First Officer Placement Programme is a unique work placement and First Officer employment opportunity specifically designed for modular trained CPL/IR holders.
The successful candidate will benefit from the combined opportunity to gain professional development and operational experience before going on to airline funded training through Kura’s BESTPILOT programme.
On successful completion the individual will be offered a full time permanent role as a First Officer on BA Cityflyer’s Embraer fleet with the cost of the type rating paid for by the airline.
The First Officer Placement Programme offers:
- Year 1 Salaried role of Fleet Technical Executive (£25,628 including London Allowance)
- Year 2 Salaried role of Navigation Weights and Performance Officer
(£27,870 including London Allowance)
- 3 month training & transition period, including Kura’s BESTPILOT programme funded by the airline while remaining on existing contract
- Embraer 179/190 Type Rating
- Base Training
- Line Training
- First Officer employment with BA Cityflyer on a full time permanent contract (starting salary £32,810 – if based at London City Airport a London Allowance will apply)
We are looking for exceptional people to join our flight crew and all successful applicants will undertake Kura’s BESTPILOT™ programme which we already know standardises and consistently delivers high quality, airline ready commercial pilots.
Fleet Manager (Technical and Safety), BA CityFlyer
We are delighted to have been selected to partner with BA Cityflyer to create more employment opportunities for modular trained pilots. This joint initiative provides further assurance to aspiring pilots that airline opportunities are available to those who choose modular training, and at significantly less cost.
Managing Director, Kura Aviation
- EASA CPL/IR
- ICAO English Proficiency Level 4
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Current class 1 medical
- Be able to satisfy BA Cityflyer referencing requirements
- Be able to attend selection during the dates specified
- Be able to begin employment with BA Cityflyer on 1 March 2017
- Experience of working in a dispatch or IT environment is desirable but not essential.
- Stage 1: 17 – 22 December 2016 and 5 – 13 January 2017
- Computer based aptitude tests
- Group Exercise
- Stage 2: 16th – 20th January 2017
- Computer based psychological profile
- Individual Interview
- Stage 3 (Dates To be confirmed)
- Final airline interview
How to Apply
- Before applying, please ensure you are able to:
- Fulfil the entry requirements
- Attend Stage 1 Selection in the periods stated
- Attend Stage 2 Selection in the periods stated
- Begin employment with BA Cityflyer on the 1st of March 2017
- Please read the following:
- Complete the Application Form and submit by midnight on the 20th December 2016
Applications for this intake close
at midnight 20 December 2016