Direct entry pilot – longhaul
Closing Date: 21 February 2016
The Direct Entry Pilot Scheme is for experienced high calibre pilots who want to develop their careers with
one of the most progressive international airlines in the business.
We are holding roadshows in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Doha in January 2016. The application window has been opened to coninside with this. For full details visit http://bapilotrecruitment.eventbrite.co.uk/?s=49873527
Please note we retain the right to close the application window earlier than stated.
Requirements for all pilots:
- A current UK issued EASA ATPL(A) Flight Crew Licence with Class 1 medical or the ability to convert your licence to a UK issued EASA ATPL(A) before joining
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
To be considered for our current vacancies you will need:
- To hold a current type rating, an ATPL(A) and have a minimum of 2000 hours total flying experience including 1000 hours on Jet transport category aircraft with MTOM greater than 25 tonnes or multi-crew turboprop transport aircraft/military equivalent with MTOM greater than 50 tonnes. Candidates must also have relevant experience, on an aircraft enabling a ZFT training course, within the 12 months preceding the start of their BA conversion course
- Preference will be given to candidates who are type-rated on the following aircraft B747-400/ B777/ B787/ A380
- Candidates applying from BA CityFlyer should apply through the internal eJobscan system (Please note: If you are currently a British Airways CityFlyer employee, please ensure that your line manager is aware of your application in order to be eligible for this role)
- Successful candidates will be entered into our hold pool from which an offer onto any British Airways fleet may be made
You as a person
- You will need a first class flying record and a good level of physical fitness, and will be able to satisfy British Airways’ medical requirements
- Your height will be between1.57m (5’2″) and 1.91m (6’3″) with weight in proportion to height (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft
- You will be passionate about a career as a pilot with British Airways. While there are opportunities to move fleets with British Airways, initial fleet postings normally last a minimum of five years You will already be comfortable with taking control of your own learning and professional development, and both willing and able to self-study, read widely, and continue to develop as a safety conscious professional pilot for the duration of your flying career
- You will be comfortable flying a busy schedule, with BA flights operating 365 days a year
- You will be comfortable working with colleagues and customers from all cultures and nationalities, and able to identify, and work, with cultural differences
- Finally, you will have a genuine enthusiasm for our customers, and finding ways to exceed their expectations when they fly with us. You will be able to put our customers’ needs at the heart of your decision making, and will be comfortable dealing with our customers face to face both when things are going to plan, but also when they’re not
All applicants are required to submit their CV and answer the following questions. Please prepare your answer in advance:
- In 600 words or less (total), please answer the following:
- Describe your reasons behind applying to become a pilot with British Airways?
- What can you bring to our organisation and customers to assist British Airways in meeting the operational and business challenges of the commercial aviation market?
- What do you believe constitutes effective leadership on the flight deck? In the past, how have you demonstrated these skills and qualities? (Max 300 Words)
- Describe a situation in which you exceeded your customers’ expectations. (Max 300 Words)
Additional Website Text
If you are using a Mac computer, Google chrome or have firefox you will experience problems selecting the drop down options and be unable to submit your application. We recommend you use a windows computer or ipad to complete your application.
We suggest that you do not leave submission of your application until the last minute. In previous schemes we are aware that a significant number of applications are received just before the closure of the application window, which can cause problems.